Joy’s path is to bring people together, to give her life toward creating community. “I am grateful to have opportunities to express this path through writing, running small businesses, teaching & providing community support. Deeper still, I strive to be a beacon of happiness & live my life as a demonstration of joy. By doing so, I believe that can positively influence others.
I know that each of us can. My vision for Manitou Yoga School is that we use yoga as a tool for connecting us more profoundly to ourselves & to one another, enabling our community to become stronger & equipping us to bring more peace and love into the world.”
- Director of Manitou Yoga School, its yoga teacher network, School, and community-building events
- 20+ years as a yoga practitioner, yoga teacher since 2005
- Author of articles for multiple magazines and organizations, such as Yoga Magazine and the American Manual
- Medical Association
- Former owner of multiple businesses, including a wellness center, and yoga studio
- Past teacher in higher education facilities, such as the Blue Heron Academy of Arts & Science, in topics including anatomy, physiology and applied kinesiology
- Manitou Springs High School Yoga Teacher
- Manual therapist and nutritionist with Colorado Rockies & Colorado Springs Sky Sox for 10 years
- Leader of many self-help, relationship-building and spiritual development seminars
- Certified Yoga Alliance ERYT yoga teacher, Shoshoni Yoga Center, Shambava School of Yoga
Xanthe was born into a family of healing artists and practices natural medicine along side her mother and sister at their Wellness Center in Colorado Springs, CO. Xanthe is a certified Somatic Trauma Resolution Therapist, Yoga Instructor, Reiki Master and one of 10 in America trained in Sadhana, which is a structural integration modality from China. Xanthe is also a professional musician and has toured throughout America and Europe. She is greatly inspired by the creativity of all children and is honored to have given birth to two brilliant souls.
Xanthe teaches songwriting and performance for an alternative middle school. She deeply believes in the healing power of expression through the arts and finds great joy in assisting others to find their own inherent artistic and healing gifts.
Emily began her journey as a massage therapist in 2003. Since then she has added certifications in Craniosacral Therapy, Aromatherapy, Neuromuscular Therapy and Childbirth Education. She is currently working towards certification in Somatic Trauma Resolution. Her sessions are an integration of modalities to allow the body to rediscover its most optimal alignment and health.
Most recently, having completed her education in Biodynamic Craniosacral Therapy through the Colorado School of Energy Studies in Boulder, Colorado, Emily has been captivated by the grace of the human nervous system. Supporting the body from this perspective increases the success of manual therapy as well as powerfully addressing less muscular issues such as difficulty sleeping, TMJ and chronic stress. Understanding how our bodies perceive and recover from stress is a potent tool for living and living well.
Certified in prenatal massage since 2005, Emily continues to expand her work with mothers and babies. She has been assisting mothers in labor as a Birth Doula certified with DONA International (2007) and as a midwife assistant since 2014. In addition, she is a certified Childbirth Educator (CAPPA 2012) and has attended continuing education on optimal fetal positioning for birth with Spinning Babies. By providing support during the childbearing year we can deeply effect the transformation of individual families as well as of our culture and how we perceive the importance of birth, bonding and family structure. Emily currently offers massage and craniosacral for mothers and babies prenatally and during the first year to address birth trauma, myofascial and fetal positioning issues, breastfeeding and sleeping difficulties. For more information on her birth services please visit doulsprings.com.