Joy’s path is to bring people together, to give her life toward creating community. “I am grateful to have opportunities to express this path through writing, running small businesses, teaching & providing community support. Deeper still, I strive to be a beacon of happiness & live my life as a demonstration of joy. By doing so, I believe that can positively influence others.
I know that each of us can. My vision for Manitou Yoga School is that we use yoga as a tool for connecting us more profoundly to ourselves & to one another, enabling our community to become stronger & equipping us to bring more peace and love into the world.”
- Director of Manitou Yoga School, its yoga teacher network, School, and community-building events
- 20+ years as a yoga practitioner, yoga teacher since 2005
- Author of articles for multiple magazines and organizations, such as Yoga Magazine and the American Manual
- Medical Association
- Former owner of multiple businesses, including a wellness center, and yoga studio
- Past teacher in higher education facilities, such as the Blue Heron Academy of Arts & Science, in topics including anatomy, physiology and applied kinesiology
- Manitou Springs High School Yoga Teacher
- Manual therapist and nutritionist with Colorado Rockies & Colorado Springs Sky Sox for 10 years
- Leader of many self-help, relationship-building and spiritual development seminars
- Certified Yoga Alliance ERYT yoga teacher, Shoshoni Yoga Center, Shambava School of Yoga
Xanthe was born into a family of healing artists and practices natural medicine along side her mother and sister at their Wellness Center in Colorado Springs, CO. Xanthe is a certified Somatic Trauma Resolution Therapist, Yoga Instructor, Reiki Master and one of 10 in America trained in Sadhana, which is a structural integration modality from China. Xanthe is also a professional musician and has toured throughout America and Europe. She is greatly inspired by the creativity of all children and is honored to have given birth to two brilliant souls.
Xanthe teaches songwriting and performance for an alternative middle school. She deeply believes in the healing power of expression through the arts and finds great joy in assisting others to find their own inherent artistic and healing gifts.
Born and raised in Alaska, my journey into the healing arts began at 16 years old with my first yoga class. Four years later I moved to Santa Fe, NM where I lived for 15 years fully devoted to learning, working, and teaching in the healing arts field.
My training began with Reiki I and II certification in 1997, and in the subsequent years I have trained in many massage modalities including Myofascial release, Swedish deep tissue, Thai Yoga Massage, Sports/performance enhancement, pre-natal massage, Somatic Polarity, Reiki Master Level, Ashi Anma (Japanese foot massage), Cranial-Sacral Therapy, Chakra Balancing, Chi Nei Tsang (Tao abdominal massage), Aromatherapy, crystal therapy, and herbalism. I have become certified as both a Kripalu and Hatha yoga teacher. I graduated from the The Scherer Institute of Natural Healing (now The Santa Fe School of Massage) with 850 hours of training in spring of 2004, and attended a 330 hour Polarity Program at New Mexico Academy of Healing Arts in 2006. In 2007 I traveled to India and Southeast Asia for 6 months, where I obtained my second Yoga teacher certification and became certified in the Abhiyangam Ayurvedic massage style.
My massage style is an eclectic blend of my various training but the one constant is that I create each session uniquely to fit the needs of my client. I approach my sessions with education and intuition, and with the perspective of working on a whole-body system, from the physical to the intangible. I believe massage is a creative, cooperative effort between practitioner and client that can truly change your life and spark your soul!